Friday 16 February 2007

To Lift or Not to Lift ?

Been reading comments left on the following site:
http://nicenurse.wordpress.com/

It is good or not good to see that it is not just the North West of England that is at loggerheads with Nursing Homes, Care Homes etc, over the policy of lifting patients from the floor with no injury. The bottom line as I see with this problem, is that these so called Care Homes (I use this tittle with tounge in cheek) is down to funding ie: they do not want to fund or train staff and find dialing 999 as a cost effective option. I find that these institutions also pay low wages and employ a lot of non speaking or pigeon speaking English staff with no trained staff on duty. (I am not a raciest). I ask anyone who says they are not stressed, then try a give CPR instructions to a member of the average nursing/care home with little understanding of English !!!!

Comments Please

Andyc

No comments: